×
soloplay
Song/Video Promotion Submit Post ON Soloplay Contact US About Us
☰ Menu        




▹ Home ▹ Music ▹ Video ▹ Entertainment ▹ News ▹ Sports


Education| Others | Lyrics | Zee World |


« | »

President Trump releases official statement; says No Americans were harmed by Iran’s attack

PublishedBy: in Nigeria NewsJanuary 9, 2020


0
(0)

President Donald Trump has delivered an official statement reacting to Iran’s retaliatory attack on military bases housing the United States’ troops in Iraq.

The US president on Wednesday, January 8, said no Americans or Iraqis were harmed in the attack, adding that the bases had minimal damage.

Trump also said Iran “appeared to be standing down” just as he said that the US is ready to embrace.

President Trump delivers an official statement after Iran attacked military bases housing US forces in Iraq. Photo credit: New York Times

He, however, vowed to impose new sanctions on Iran as a result of the retaliatory attack, CNN reports. He said the “powerful sanctions” will remain until Iran changes its behaviour.

“The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime,” President Trump was quoted to have said.

Trump also vowed that Iran would never have a nuclear weapon as long as he is the president of the US.

The US president added that he will ask the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) to get more involved in the crisis in the Middle East.

However, contrary to Trump’s statement, A report by Reuters indicates that Iranian state television earlier said that at least 80 “American terrorists” were killed in attacks involving 15 missiles Tehran launched on US targets in Iraq.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

0/5 (0 Reviews)

Tags: , ,

About Nazeal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

« | »

PAGES